Monday 13 May 2019

Something Different

After all that knitting on one top and working so hard to get it done and then finally, not finishing it, my hands and my head, craved something different to knit.  

I pulled out some yarn for a top for Cassie, yarn that was in my use it or there won't be enough to knit anything for her category.  I have 4 balls of red Baby Bamboo or as sold in my balls, Flirt, and 2 ball of white.  It should be lots to use to make my sweet girl a top. 

And that is what I worked on this weekend.  I was playing around with intarsia in the round with it, doing a bit of colour play, but it was becoming very apparent that I would run out of white before the colour play made sense, so I ripped it back and opted for something much simpler.  And better for my limited white.



At the same time that I have limited resources in white, I have to use every inch of the white that I have so that I can make the top I am aiming for.   The goal is a Little Boxy, which is a lovely, simple garment wide through the body and narrow on the sleeves.  

My white stripes at the bottom are as wide as the red, and asI knit up the sweater, the stripes will get narrower.  For the top part of the sweater, I am going to keep with the narrow stripes. I think.  If it looks odd, I will try something else. So far, so fair though.  I lie the way it looks at the moment.  

It stripes.  It feels as if it knits up much quicker than plain knitting.  It's just a lovely and welcome illusion that comes from the magic of stripes and I know it, but I pretend that I am knitting fast. The feeling of accomplishment and getting it done fast and the change is yarns is so very good.  It feels wonderful going through my hands. 

No comments: