Friday 10 May 2019

Finishing out the week.

I did  lot of knitting this week and yesterday, it finally hit me, that I am not going to get this top finished for this weekend. I started a sleeve yesterday, and while that should be a sign that it will be complete asap, it isn't.



I could conceivably do it still, I suppose, but my hands are a little stressed and tired.  They need a rest least they end up in that bad place where I cannot knit at all.  That sleeve dimension is exactly the size where I hold my hands just a little more tense than I ought and where stress builds far to easily.  I want my hands to stay working more than I want the top finished.

I did give it a try on though and I think it will be just fine.  I might want to make it just a tiny bit longer, but gee whillickers, I hope not.  Those rounds are so very very long.  It is better to go back and knit more than to leave a thing unworn because you don't quite like it yet so we shall see.  I am keeping my mind open to the possibility.  

I have been working a bit on my lace.  I am more than 30 motifs now and it is really starting to show the size of this shawl.  It's long.  Really long.  Not going to need to worry about the size of this one at all.

With the break in intensive knitting, I'm thinking about swatching some brilliant yellow yarn I have, Patons Hempster. It claims to be a DK weight but I don't see it.  It is hemp and cotton, and it just doesn't look like it is going to be a yarn that blooms in any great way.  It looks like it will soften though.  I am very interested to see what will happen. There is some linen lace that needs swatching too.  Lighter knitting.  Easier on my hands.   

No comments: