Tuesday 28 May 2019

Just a Little Dreaming

I am so close to finishing this top for Cassie.  If I get another day in like yesterday, it will be. Yesterday I knit long and napped, knit more and had another little nap, knit more and made dinner, knit more.  All I really did was knit more.

By my best guess, another inch and it will be time to do the bottom ribbing or whatever.  I haven't decided that just yet.  On the original, I did seed stitch welts, and I have been debating about that for this version as well, but I don't know if I am in the mood for seed stitch.  Finishing at the sleeves and collar is still to come and I'm kind of feeling like a rolled hem is what I want for that.  Either I go with that for the bottom as well or I have two finishes and that isn't really my preferred choice.

As much as I knit, I let my mind wander.  When I ordered my bobbin winder from Camilla Valley Farm, I also ordered a sample card of Harrisville.  I meant to get one while I was there last summer, but in my sheer pleasure at being there, I forgot. 

Thinking about the Harrisville makes me think of all that luscious stuff in my stash, those wonderful full cones of colour and 'not so much colour'. 



My mind keeps wandering to Kate Davies' Myrtle sweater, which the 'not so much colours' are for.  I may have thought about knitting something else, but I keep going back to this.

The Harrisville colours, I don't know.  I am much less certain of the design for these.  But my fingers are getting hungry to knit them.




























Only three of these really go together perfectly, and they are the ones I mean to use together, but I can't remember which I liked best.  

That card of colour reminds me too of the secret Harrisville which I have had in my stash for a while, suede and and ebony in large quantities.  Plenty for some serious adventures and perhaps even more stunning if I add a little something?  Like a nice ripe red?  Turquoise?  Warm mustard?

Looking at these reminds me of some Rowan too.  It has such a similar character and such rich deep colours. I have it in green and golden but I do have a plan for that.  I think.

Dreams, dreams, dreams such as they are.  There is always something exciting to knit on the horizon.  It is easy to get lost in the dreams and end up going nowhere.  If I just keep knitting something, though, I win in every way.  Time to get this project for Cassie done.  Time to get on with many other things!

No comments: