Wednesday 29 May 2019

Pretty Little Projects

I feel a lot better than earlier this week, not nearly so jumpy under my skin.  Thankfully.  There has been substantially less reading, though this afternoon, my book and my bed and I are going to get cozy.

It all comes down to the drive to get this little thing done.


It needs to get to her asap and with a little bit of luck, asap means Thursday or Friday so she gets lots of wear out of it before school ends.  It needs ends woven in and a button, a cute little button.  A bright shiny sweet button, a flower or heart in orange or yellow, will surely be found at my local fabric store.  

Cassie has always loved the little top that I made for her using this same multi coloured yarn and Phil Bamboo.  Who wouldn't.  Bamboo, indeed any rayon from any source feels utterly sumptuous against your skin.  Wearing it is a pure delight.  With Phil Bamboo being discontinued, I opted for Bamboo Pop from Universal Yarn.  It does have a lovely drape and will, I hope, have enough of that cool rayon smoothness to be great to wear on hot summer days. 

The other thing that needs ends woven in is this sweet little Boxy sweater, made from Flirt aka, Baby Bamboo from Sirdar.  My goodness this sweater feels marvellous.  She doesn't know it yet, but I guarantee it will be a favourite.


But oh the ends!  There are thousands.  It only feels like thousands, I know, but wow, what a lot of ends.  By the time I finish these two garments, my end weaving skills will be totally renewed and refreshed ready for the next thing that has a lot of ends. Still weaving them all in.

I picked up my Einband lace again this morning.  It is such a different creature to work with than the slip of yarns with bamboo sourced rayon and cotton and bamboo sourced rayon and wool.  Its grabby, toothiness is really my happy place. I have loved spending time with different patterns and yarns that glide, but I have missed pure simplicity of wool.      

Busy day today what with the reading and the knitting. 👵 ha!  We finally got a few things done inside that have been holding up some routine housework so there is catch up to do, and a deck to ready for flowers and pots.  With those things done, and with me, feeling like my knitting is in a pretty good place, I can focus on something really different for next week.





No comments: