Friday 3 May 2019

I am going to be so very happy when this garage sale is done.  Even though I  am much better prepared than last time, I feel like I am forgetting something.  And I do not want to have to do this again just because I forgot something.  I find myself looking at everything I have wondering if I really need it, and that can be exhausting.   

But it will soon be a done thing.  Yaaaaay.

In the moments when I am not questioning myself about stuff, I find my mind wandering to lace. I think that happens every time I go through all my lovely lace yarn.  I dream of lace.  When I learned to spin, it was with the thought of handspun lace. My first knitting obsessed over knitting books were lace.   The only yarn that I did not first see as sweaters was lace yarns.  Well and sock yarn.  Though I did come to see certain lace yarns for sweaters, and I have lace sweater quantities in my lace weight yarn stash, the goal of lace weight yarns has been lace.  Even in the time before I knit, I dreamed of knitted lace.

That is something I really want to knit some more f this year.  My Icelandic lace shawl is certainly a start as will be the large Shetland lace weight shawl that follows, but I dream of more than these.  

I dream of  lace like the Forest Path Stole and the Icicles shawl.  I made one of those for Olga's mom, and always wanted one of my own.  And every single thing Boo Knits has ever designed. And oh so many more. There are dozens of lovely delicate lace things I want to knit and  few more resting in the books on my shelf.

So, even though this week has not been about knitting, it has never been far from my thoughts.  

No comments: