Tuesday 26 February 2019

Mission Accomplished

It's always surprising after the kids come to stay at grandma's house, when grandma finds all the things the kids were doing. 


That was my face too,when I saw the results of this photo shoot!

I finished up the quick slippers I was making.  These didn't even get a project listing on Ravelry yet and I really do want to get them listed there.  I need to keep some notes.


These are a basic slipper in Drops Big Fabel.  They are almost perfect.  Almost because they are a little long.  I did 19 garter ridges after dividing for the ankle and I would have been better off with 16.  I think I miscalculated because I did not take into account the back of the foot.  I really ought to have just thought of it like a sock and started the back section about an inch shy of the full length.  Still, good enough for schlepping around the house. My feet are warm.  Mission accomplished.

I worked on my Libra Sawl yesterday but did not get as far as I hoped.  It was just too darn chilly in the house.  I keep temps during the day at 18 degrees.  I did that at my wee house too and I did that at our house when I wasn't working.  If you are doing housework and a lot of moving about, 18 C is a fine temperature.  When you are sitting and knitting it does feel a bit cool.  When it is -35C out and you are sitting and knitting, 18C just cannot quite keep the cold at bay and my hands get a bit stiff.  Normally I pop on another layer at about 1 p.m. , a vest or shawl usually, but yesterday that was not enough.  I chickened out at about 3 in the afternoon and cranked the heat up to 20C.      

Still the day had it good parts.  It was lovely and sunny much of the afternoon and my bright bay window in the kitchen called my name.  I really could use a chair there to sit in all that free warm sunlight.  As it was, I sat and had a cup of tea at the table and searched through cookbooks for some supper ideas, bathed in the cozy warm rays.  And I discovered a really funny show on Britbox called Rev.  

I am off to do more knitting on my shawl but first there is some bread to bake, some laundry to do, and  few things to tuck away after the kids played.  

No comments: