Wednesday 27 February 2019

ughh

I had a bit of a felting accident the other day.


This was a nice, double layered hat that was warm as all get out. It was the hat I kept in the car for emergencies and extreme cold has been used many times this winter. At some point, unbeknownst to me, it came into the house and ended up on a pile of kitchen laundry.  It was a wee surprise for me, when I moved the washed load to the dryer. 

On the upside, it felted really nicely.  It would be a really nice tea cozy for a small 2 cup type teapot.  It's not quite long enough for a regular pot.  I might deconstruct it and make it into a trivet for a teapot or possibly some oven mitts.  Time will tell.

Elizabeth Zimmermann said to knit small things in summer.  Mittens and hats were the perfect summer knitting faire.  Maybe this is a sign of the impending end of winter?  No matter.  I must think on knitting a new hat.


No comments: