Wednesday 30 January 2019

And another one bites the dust.


She loves it and that is really all that matters.  Marcus was very chatty and he really wanted someone to talk to him and yet, he let me knit because he loved his scarf and he knew that Cassie was waiting for hers. Pretty sweet for a little brother.

I did  lot of colour mangling.  The yarn is fine, lovely and soft and really lofty, but the colour runs were so long it got to be boring.  Once I pulled the colour the first time, I started picking and choosing colours  an in the end, it was just what I was looking for bright 'cool' colours.



She loves it. which is all that matters.

I do have yarn coming in case Marcus did not like his scarf  (he really does) so that will be used for my wee Emmett who is not quite scarf age, but will be soon enough. They grow so fast.

Today I am going back to work on my Hun sweater.  



I've just started the second round of colour work pattern two. The entire sweater is bands of plain fabric and bands of small colour work patterns that larger and more complicated as you work down  the body.  Well, down in my case.  The sweater is designed in the more traditional Icelandic bottom up style, but is easily switched to be knit top down.  

I can't wait to feel the wool in my hands again.  There is just something special about Icelandic yarn. I love the feel of it in my hands and I love the feel when I wear it.    

No comments: