Tuesday 29 January 2019

Sock Mania

I'm sitting here waiting for the kids to wake.  Yesterday they were up right about the time I walked in the door at 6 a.m.  Maybe today they will sleep a little more.  

Socks are still my main take along knitting.  It is rare that there isn't at least one pair at hand.  Yesterday was all sock knitting all the time.  


I did work on mom's socks most of the time but when I got dopey sleepy in the early afternoon, I pulled out the plain socks.  There is always a reason to be knitting plain socks.  

I measured against plain sock one and I have 3 or 4 rows to go before the ribbing but I took a good look at the length and wondered if I meant these to be this short?

They do look very short but the stockinette before the ribbing is 9 inches from the toe.  That should be okay since the heel goes in a smidgen under 7 inches leaving a couple inches plus the ribbing up my leg.  That should work and yet it seems rather short.  

I will knit socks for a bit and then I want to push to get Cassies scarf done.  There is a need.  Also Marcus love his scarf.  He said it was just perfect.  And his other yarn isn't here yet.  So maybe for Emmett.  

No comments: