Tuesday 18 December 2018

Two down.

It didn't quite go like I planned.  In the morning, I scalded my my wrists as I was pouring my coffee.  It would have been bad enough on one wrist but my other wrist got in the way of the cascading mass of hot liquid.  It meant that I was walking around all morning with a damp chill cloth around the worst of it.  Stash diving was out.  Sewing was too.  It remains  bit hot and red on one arm but there is no blistering.  There was only me whining.

So, I sat down and managed to get the grafts done on the two striped eternity scarves.


It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.  It was just a nice long graft in stockinette and I didn't mind doing it at all.




So, there are now just 3 gifts to finish up and that will only be an afternoon of sewing.  All the weight and rush of the holidays is done.  I can sit back and be comfortable now.

I counted up my WIPS on my Ravelry page and I only have 14 things on the go in some way or other.  Two of those are the dishcloth parade and the sock parade and they are closed each year. There are two things which I still hope to finish up in this calendar year, the Griege Sweater and the First Point Of Libra Shawl.  Going full guns on them and loving it.  And then there are the other ongoing projects.  They will be done in due course.  I love them all and do NOT intend to clear out any of them. 

The day didn't go like I thought but it did go and it went well.  Morning comes early around here so it is bedtime for me.


No comments: