Tuesday 18 December 2018

Milestones

I knit a little here and there while babysitting today.  It's always a crapshoot how much knitting I will get done with Marcus.  Each day is different and sometimes it is a row and others, I knit many many rows.  Today was in between, but it was a very rewarding in between.

I am thrilled to show you this!


The ribbing on the back! Okay.  I admit it's way more fun doing it and getting there than it is reading about it, but trust me, this is how to have a good time.  It's a little longer than I planned.  I managed to take it to 7 inches from the split rather than 6, but that is fine with me.  It looks so lovely.  I am really happy with the way this yarn is draping.

There still is a long way to go on this sweater.  There are 7 inches of front to knit plus front ribbing
 and two sleeves plus whatever collar I put on it.  I was thinking turtleneck or cowl neck.  It would look great with this yarn and I have lots and lots of yarn.  I just started the tenth ball as I started the ribbing.  In my dreams I am wearing this at Christmas but more realistically, I will wear it in the new year.  

I don't know why this point n this particular sweater feels like such  milestone, but it does. That isn't common, but it does happen on some projects.  It might be more normal to feel you reached a milestone at the end of a sweater, but this sweater is somehow different.   It isn't the end but it feels like the beginning of the end and that is something.

No comments: