Friday 21 September 2018

Yesterdays Plan

The plan for yesterday was to finish up the things from the day before.  What do you know.  It worked.

I rinsed and rinsed an when finally everything came out clear, I set lovely blue yarn and the vest out to dry.


The yarn turned out really well.  The vest would have benefitted from a larger vat.  But, it looks much better than before with it's wild splotchy bits of red and I am going to try to apply a bit more blue dye to the one small place that did not go quite so blue as I wanted it to.  The yarn is just about as perfect as I could want.

I spent the rest of the day making up the basic dye liquors for the three subtractive primary dyes I have.


The plan is to make the rest of the colours with these three primary dyes.  I'm kind of interested in seeing what happens with this process.  I spent the entire afternoon looking for recipes for combining colours to make other colours.  I couldn't find anything for this particular brand of dye, so I guess I'm going to have to try it the old fashioned way, winging it.

The goal for today is coloured mini skeins of sock yarn.  Perhaps not all the colours I need, but with a bit of luck, most of them. 

I am looking forward to this process, but I am looking forward, wishing that I had brewed my mother in law inspired coffee liqueur before brewing up all these colours.  At the end of this colour adventure, I might just need a bit of a jolt in my tea. 

Can you add coffee liqueur to tea?  It sounds wrong.  I think it will be cocoa.  Much better. I can look forward to finishing the day with cocoa.  

No comments: