Tuesday 21 August 2018

Going Spinning

It feels like forever since I did any spinning.  It is almost that long, in truth.  My wheel and a bag of stuff accompanied me all the way on my travels, but it wasn't something I did.  It felt as if it was just one more thing to put in and take out of the car.  Oddly, knitting never feels like that and I guess, that is how I know I am a knitter who spins.

When last I went spinning, I was working on a braid of red.


At this exact moment in time, I have to tell you I am a little sick of it. I did a lot of red last year, and while this is the last of it, the so over it feeling remains.

Today, I am opting for bits.  I have several bags of samples and small quantities in various preparations accumulated over the years and I would kind of like to get them spun up and out of the way.  I know what I have enjoyed spinning the most and I'd like to get to that, but these little sample bits irritate me.  




The plan is to spin lofty and soft and larger than my average, and then to use the fibre to make some nice lofty yarn for mittens and hats.  

That is the plan, though lofty is a little difficult for me.  I do hope to get there.  Spin light, play hard. Or something like that.  We shall see.




No comments: