Wednesday 22 August 2018

All the Things.

Arghhhhh.  Not argh, as In Talk Like a Pirate Day, but argh as in I want to start all the things.

I know that a lot of it is because I am giving my hand a bit of a rest this week.  My brain is not occupied with busy knitterly things, it is occupied with future knits, and I never seem to be reasonable with future knitterly things. I have a stash that proves that.  I want to start everything and I want it all right now.  I want to knit it all this week.  

When I was stash diving last week, I did pull out a few things for inspiration and a few things I would really like to be using sooner rather than later. 

I really do want to knit the pretty teal here, to use up those lovely square hand made buttons I have for it.  And that Kauni.  I want that reindeer shawl.  That spot of red is an Elann Merino with Angora blend that I bought for a shawl, black, red and grey for cosy winter wear. Down on the bottom that grey green is a cotton wool blend for...something.

 
    
And these?  A Fingering weight Shalom, and I think I can do it with sleeves.  


A sweater for Cassie, and the Harrisville Silk and Wool to make that interesting yoke using Mrs. Hunter's Shetland lace pattern. Behind Cassie's soft lavender yarns is yarns for Babushka Luda's sweater.  I managed to get measurements before she left.  It's a great yarn and I can't wait to work on it. And that dark purple on the shelf below is one of the new yarns from the summer's adventures. I really want to start that.


And slippers.  I need some new slippers.  Even the leather bottoms of my other ones were falling apart.  

And for a shawl, a Colour Affection shawl, now after every one and their mother knit one, out of lovely yarns.  

And then there are all the other yarns. The ones deeper in stash bins, like the pretty colours of Harrisville that I bought this summer to make my version of Kate Davie's interesting Myrtle or the Drops Alpaca in a range of colours for  a delicate Bohus like yoke (but simpler) sweater.  Or the other Kauni for a stranded colourwork sweater.  Or the Jameison's of Shetland Ultra lace weight.  Or the Isager Wool 1.  Or the...

And the Einband!  How can I not start with the Einband for Courant ?

I could go one and on. Each and every yarn has a project attached and each and every yarn is something I want to work with.  NOW

Responsible me says start the winter coat sweater and the Ram's Horn Cardigan.  They are need, though so are slippers, socks and Cassie's sweater, never mind the already begun Hun sweater or the nice snuggly chunky shawl I am going to knit for Scott's mother in law Pam.  

So many things.  Far too few hours in the day.


No comments: