Monday 9 July 2018

Sorting out the knits by accident.

On Friday last week, I spent the day working on lining Pole.  It came out pretty well, and the sweater went for it's first try on by its owner on Saturday.  And it looks lovely.  Everything is just right.  The back, which I worried about being long enough is quite perfect.  The collar, lined in the soft gray knit, looks nice.  The sleeves are long enough.  As if I had taken full measurements beforehand.  Pole is a very very rewarding sweater.  I have it home with me to finish.  Sleeve linings need shortening and attaching.  And the bottom of the lining needs tacking in place.  Pictures on Tuesday when I will deliver it to her.  I am just so pleased.  It is going to the perfect, big snuggly sweater for sitting by a campfire after the sun has set.


I stayed and snuggled babies and was trounced soundly at Yahtzee by Isaac and I helped Carter win a game of baseball tag.  Carter, my sweet giggler, is sitting close to the fire pit here, waiting impatiently for the campfire.  


He didn't want a picture, so he closed his eyes, and magically, I and my camera went away, as they do for kids. I still got my photo though.  I didn't get a picture of Emmett.  He was pretty game for a wee thing, snuggled in his big warm wrap, little hat close on his head.  And so long as he was in your arms, he slept very contently.  I love my three boys to the moon and back and I am going to spend more time with them this coming year.  If I weren't doing my epic journey, I would go down to camp in that lovely Devon Lions campground more than once this summer.

And with that done, I came home and felt a bit at loose ends.  I'm still not settled on what to knit next nor on what knitting to take along. on my travels.

I did do some sewing though.  With a great deal of success so far, if I may say.


It is hard to display it or take photos.  I really need to get a full length mirror to do photos. You get the idea though.  I cut it out as a dress, and I am glad I did,  It was an easy way to sort out fit for skirts later, and it gave me the opportunity to do the sweeping longer back hem.

There is more sewing on the menu for today.  I have 2 tops cut out and have fabric ready for two and possibly three pairs of nice wide legged pants.  In a perfect world, I would get the really nice knit print fabric sewn up, but I can't quite decide if that should be a longer tunic and pants or a skirt and flowing draping top.  I leaning to pants because, well pants. 

All the sewing may be leading the knitting.  I've been thinking about wearing my nice new top. This top could use a nice little black sweater.  It wouldn't have to be very fancy, just enough to cover up my arms a bit, maybe more of a bolero type  garment.  I know just the pattern too, one that mimics the drape of this garments sweeping hem.  I can think about that while I am sewing but you know, when a sweater pops into my head sometimes it is best to just give in and knit it.  It's a nice kind of accidental way to find a sweater.

  



No comments: