Friday 13 July 2018

First Leg Done

I didn't get going as fast as I wanted, but otherwise I made it to destination one.  I am stopping at the local yarn store, Praire Lily Knitting today for a visit.  She always has interesting stuff and since I am officially on vacation, any yarn I pick up is not stash, it is a souvenir.  Completely different than stash. 

I have done the drive from Edmonton to Saskatoon so many times.  You could be forgiven for thinking that after almost 30 years the trips here would just be load and go but no. 

Along the road I kept bumping into military vehicles being hauled to a new destination, which made me wonder if it is part of the prep work for the new mission.  I ought to have paid better attention to the news. 

The scenery is what got to me yesterday.  A cloudless blue endless sky over fields and lands burgeoning with life and colour.  Everything was at.  it's Sunday best.  And the air.  The air was clean and warm and rich with the smell of flowers and fresh mown hay.

That is the best part of driving vacations.  You are going slow enough that you can see and stop and take it all In.



1 comment:

Maryfairy said...

I'm very impressed that you are travelling alone, but my daughters boyfriend says that Canada is a very happy, friendly place, so I am sure you will be fine. I hope you have a lovely trip and will look forward to reading each installment. You are an inspiration to me, as I lost my husband in 2014 and I feel we have a lot in common. Best wishes, Mary