Sunday 15 July 2018

Living and learning

There was a point very very late yesterday or very early today where I doubted my sanity.  It is kind of a long story, but suffice it to say, I have promised to stop driving at suppertime every day.  I am also not going to drink coffee in the late afternoon. If I get dopey, I am going to take a nap. Less coffee equals fewer stupid decisions.

I woke at 6 this morning, filled with gas and hit the road.  I stopped for breakfast at the loveliest little picnic area, just after Dryden ON.


It was sublime.  I drove a bit more and then had to stop for a nap.  That was my day in a way.  Drive, nap.  Drive, nap.  I did notice something odd about that road.  I drove for a couple hours and saw a sign that said Thunder Bay 245 km.  Then I drove for another couple hours.  Another sign saying 245  to Thunder Bay.  Wha...?  That is how it felt.  It was a really spectacular drive.  very like the mountains.  Lots of curves in the road.  Lots of creeks and tiny lakes.  Lots of trees.  Lots of rock.  Had Brian been traveling with me, both of us would be calling out for each rock we could have used in our landscaping at the house, he in horror, and me in jest with  a hint of if only.

Sure this rock wasn't standing on end like a mountain.  Shield is a more horizontal kind of rock, but there is a solidity that is very much similar. 

I am ensconced in a hotel.  A shower is called for.  It has been very hot and sticky even with the air conditioning in the car.And humid.  You can tell lakes are not far away.

I am putting up my feet this evening and am going to knit. 
 


I have an new book to read, free movies on tv and knitting.  Just the right end to this long day.

No comments: