Wednesday 13 June 2018

6.5 MM Double Points!

Yesterday was the first time I went spinning in a month.  We met a few times, with my sidekick at the library's Enchanted Forest area for small children, but spinning there never seemed a good idea so we knit instead.  Just the idea of getting back to it, was exciting! It took a bit of thinking to decide what to spin next but eventually I came up with this.  


It is a beautiful polwarth top hand dyed by the people from Colour Adventures.  I started out with two matching braids.  One was spun last winter, or possibly even before last winter.  By the time I was finished it, I was sort of sick of the brilliant rich reds and wanted something else.  I put the single on storage bobbins and they remain waiting for plying. Now, with plying being something new and interesting to me on my new to me S51, I decided spinning the rest of this up and plying all of it at once was a great idea.


I am going to put the tag in there so that I have a record of  who, what, where, why, when, since the blog is the only fully functional memory I seem to have.

After spinning I took care of my needle problem.  6.5 mm needles ought to do it just right!


I am now set for knitting for the day.  Back to the sweater! You can also see that I decided to beef up my button box!



For now, a good cup of coffee in my sweet new kitty cup made in Ukraine,  knitting sleeves, and completing Amy's sweater.  I can't wait to see her in it! I am almost looking forward to that long back graft!

No comments: