Thursday 14 June 2018

The good, the Bad and the Ugly

The good:  I was plying yesterday and was really starting to get a feel for the wheel and the yarn.  It was looking good, except that the longer I worked, the harder it was to treadle. 

The Bad:  And then this happened.


I did not want to wait for the repair part, though it is on order.  I was in the groove and I don't want to stop now.  What to do?

The Ugly:  In the old days, leather was used to connect footman to treadle and I do just so happen to have some leather.


It isn't a good stiff leather.  It was recovered from a coat and the plan is to use it for a bag and possibly for slipper bottoms.  I hoped it might work to roll a small piece up and use that roll to mimic the more modern silicone piece.  


It seemed to connect everything okay.



It treadled just fine.  Today I am going to see how it actually works.  With a bit of luck, it will be just fine till the part arrives.

I did get about half done a sleeve on the sweater and in my anxious thinking about what to do turned a heel on a sock and I do hope for much more knitting today between chores and catching up all the things that needed catching up while I wasn't at home.


No comments: