Tuesday 22 May 2018

On Changing Bags for Something Different.

I'm with grandkids again today.  Having a  fulfilling knitting life is hard with little kids around.  Sometimes the challenge is bigger than me.  But there are things that are slowly falling into place.  

One of the things I am doing is change out my usual bag for sweater projects (the big ziploc that comes in a box of 5 bags) and I am using one of these. 



This bag is normally full of spinning stuff, but it happened to be sitting empty, right where I needed it to be, to become the perfect solution for sweater knitting on the road.


As a sweater knitting bag, it really is great.  It can fit plenty of yarn in the bottom of the bag, and it can fit the garment unsquished.  I'm thinking these might become regular sweater knitting bags for at home too.

It can also hide grandma's devices from small people who think they should be on devices all the time under all the yarn.  

I know that most people buy or make nice bags for themselves from the many makers online, but my beer bags are a great solution.  The biggest plus is that they are waterproof and are perfect for car camping trips. I never have to worry about things getting damp from dewey grass.  

It is sweater knitting that is getting the knitting time today.  I am now about a third of the way across the back panel.  With a little luck, I will get another full section complete today. 

No comments: