Monday 21 May 2018

Ok, That is it. I am Done

Done baby things that is.  

If you have only a couple days off and you really would like to knit a lot (I don't mean a single lot, I mean many many lots.) then decide you are going to knit a baby blanket in a weekend.

I didn't really decide that but it did happen.


I cast on 75 stitches in the Comfort Chunky, and then just knit and after every pattern repeat, did one row of garter stitch in the blue.  I knit all day yesterday, and had 5 of the colour repeats completed before I stopped.  This morning, I did one more, and took stock of the yarn.  I was still on ball one of each of the yellow and white, but I was a little concerned about the blue.  Originally I was going to make this longer with 7 colour repeats, but when I looked at colours, and thought abut the edging, the blue would have been an issue had I continued.  As it was, I couldn't do another full ridge of garter stitch in blue on the outside edge.    I got a really nice 32 x 32 blanket this way and that is good enough for stollers and carseats.

I am pretty pleased with how this quickie blanket worked up (about 12 hours total) and I do hope mommy likes it as much as I do. Berroco Comfort Chunky is a really good acylic and nylon yarn.  It feels really wonderful, dense and deep and perfect for projects like this, where washing and wear and tear are an issue.  Which explains why I have a very stuffed full tub of the stuff.  




No comments: