Monday 14 May 2018

Close doesn't need to be a cigar.

I had a lovely couple days working away on my little pumpkins wee things.  I had success!


February Baby Sweater .  This might just be my favourite baby sweater that I have yet knit.  Just the right amount of colour to be completely neutral.  Stylish babies can wear it with everything!


Wee Baby Mitts.  These both turned out so very well.  Buttons and a bit of end trimming and weaving are all that is required.

What did not go so well was Aviatrix number one.  I was trying to use the yarn that I had effectively and trying to keep it matching the sweater with its single garter ridge stripe.  


The plan was to use the celadon for the single garter ridge between each section but I ran out of white on section 4.  I know that I have a remainder of another skein around here somewhere, but it doesn't want to be found right now. So rippit!

I had to find a way to add more of the celadon but I wasn't sure what would work.  So I grabbed some other yarn to play with.


This is all that remains of a really nice bouncy superwash yarn that I used for a baby's things some years ago.  So practise and a hat.  Not bad from scraps and my little fella can't have too many hats. 

I think this colour option will give me a coordinating hat for the little celadon and white set. I will make the ribbing celadon, with a white stripe and then do the same thing as this hat for the colours.  I ought to just be able to squeak it out.

So I didn't quite get all three pieces completed but I did knit half a hat and then another hat and close doesn't always need to be a cigar.  Today, close can be a baby hat.  I plan to finish this one and one to match. 

Then back to his moms sweater.  This has been a lot of fun, but I am sort of looking forward to the sweater. 

No comments: