Wednesday 18 April 2018

More Knitting

It was a busy day.  More knitting.  It was lovely.  This blog may just return to be alll knitting all the time!

I did knit more ribbing on my sweater.  I am just about to do the colour change to insert three rows of colour, black red black.  Once this part is done, I have to go back and rework the bottom of the sleeves.  I need the black for the neck band and placket, so still a fair bit of work to do before I can call this one done.

Yesterday afternoon, while listening to some podcasts, I picked up a bunch of yarns and just played.


I have ends of a few different rustic yarns that I wanted to work up into the Log Cabin Mitts. I came across this pattern via the Mason Dixon Ladies and I quite fell in love with it.

These three yarns were the first that came to hand in my bag of 'stuff'.  It would work but the soft brown natural is an alpaca blend.  It is part of a shawl made several years ago, and if I have anything that could be called itchy, it would be this.  Not all the time, not often but if I get overwarm it can bother me.  A lot of the Log Cabin Mitts is down at the wrist and the way I started out with my colours, the brown would be at the wrist.  If I had planned better, so the brown section was on my hand it would be a go.  Oh well, next pair.

 I know that somewhere deep in my bits box, there is a large ball of a black sport weight woolen spun that would be the perfect match for the blue and natural, but I couldn't find it.

 
I grabbed a yarn end that I thought might work, but I don't like it.  I have got to keep digging for that right yarn.

But that is it for today.  With the weather being what it was the last few days, we moved spinning to today, so I am off spin this morning. I am so excited. First time in a month!  




No comments: