Monday 23 April 2018

A Late Monday Post

I was out really really early this morning to babysit grandchildren, 4:30 early.  One of my daughter in laws is a firefighter and she was out on a call for about 15 hours.  I went over so mommy could sleep.  

There was not a lot of knitting today, just a lot of chasing of small people and sleeping on my sofa when I got home.  But there is plenty of cool stuff.


Cool yes?  I am so pleased.  Really, really pleased.  I counted my plying treadles and you know what?  It could use even a bit more, which is really really interesting to me.  Part of it is because I couldn't change to another whorl. I ought to have gone down to a smaller whorl to get more twist per treadle.

The drive band is too loose.  I need to do a little bit of fancy footwork, but everyone says that these bands (the stretchy black cord kind) are so easy to shorten And if that doesn't work, I can put on another sort of driveband.  People do it all the time.

But this skein is a win.  It feels really nice and it looks really nice and the size is pretty consistent too.  And it feels just like it ought.  

No comments: