Tuesday 24 April 2018

And there was more!

More stuff that is, from the weekend.  It was a wonderfully full fibre weekend.

I finished the ribbing on the bottom of the sweater and then

pulled off the black that I had started the cuffs with, and redid them in lighter colours and more in keeping with the rest of the sweater.


A touch of black, a touch of red.  I find it very amusing that the black, which I was not at all worried about running out of, is the only colour I came close to really running out of.  By taking off the black cuffs as shown here


everything else became just that much better plus there will now be enough black remaining to make mittens or a hat with a bit of colourwork in it.  Not that I want all matching accessories but sweater leftovers do seem to make the perfect yarns for mittens and wristwarmers and hats.

As shown here! 

I am pretty pleased with this little wristwarmer too.


One side to show the world and the other more practical side to be the working side.  I am pleased with the way my thumb intarsia worked out.  It gave me one extra thumb stitch which this really did not need, but a little magic sewing up the one small seam will deal with it nicely.  Just a note, the pattern doesn't call for this thumb intarsia.  I did it because I did my colours in the wrong order. Even that worked out to my advantage with the darker colours on the palm of my hand.


I still have finishing on this one, and the second warmer to knit but I think I am calling these a win!

What a wonderful thing two working hands is.  

No comments: