Monday 26 March 2018

Things are getting better.

Things are getting better, but I am not about to mess this healing up by using it too soon.  It's better not cured.  I am at the point now where I don't wake up in the night in agony.  Big relief.

The weekend was busy, and yet torturously difficult.  The World Women's curling was on, as was the first Formula One race of the season.  I watched and enjoyed both, but it was hard not to mourn all that good knitting time I was missing.  It was fine, but by the end of the day, I was going just a little stir crazy.  If I had one, I would be ripping my styrofoam cup into itty bitty pieces.  If I had an older beer bottle, I would be ripping off the label.   

On the upside, it gave me time see if I could address what needed addressing on my loom.  I played for a while with some success, but I think I still have a problem.




These are before, 


And this is after.  I am trying to correct the place with the three strands which are wrong on the warp by using a repair heddle.  I inadvertently also repaired the double pair right beside it, which made for another whole kettle of fish.  The two repair heddles so close together may be the source of my trouble now with that long thread not being woven.

Today my goal is to dive back in and see what else is going on, and fix it.  If I cannot sort it out today, then I may just cut off this whole end and re-warp it correctly.  That re-warping isn't something that I can do in a single day and it would stress my hand too much to even try.  But I think I can take it bite by tiny bite and make a little progress.

My other plan for during this time of not knitting, is to go through photos.  First step is to get all the photos from my little laptop, which still works but has no wireless and has defeated all our tries to get wireless back.  Then I have stacks and stacks to scan. I would like to get a set of the highlights to each of my boys.  I have long wanted to do this, and now seems like a good time to start.

I'd much rather be knitting or sewing or embroidering, but at this point, smart money says heal first.  So I will.


No comments: