Friday 23 March 2018

The Blue Tape

This is where we are at.


It helps to force me to not use my thumb.  I do have a proper brace coming but this is helping.  On the upside, I am getting much better at using my left hand for things like the mouse for the computer, pouring coffee, drinking coffee.  Not going so well is eating with my left hand, though if I work hard enough for long enough, I know I can adapt.  

I'm going to go on a bit of a stash dive today.  I have hardly touched yarn all week and I miss it.  I am going to get out a particular pair of yarns.  I have had this pair for a while now.  


 
Somewhere, on my laptop, I suspect, is a photo of these two skeins, curled together in a ball like a kitten when it sleeps.  The gentle variations in the Adam and Eve become magic against the glow of the Shibui Silk Cloud.  I have a hankering to feel these yarns.  To touch them and run my hand on these.  But not to knit them.  That will take a while.  

With nothing else to do yesterday, I made a run  for groceries so my breakfast today is going to be my very favourite thing, oatmeal with peanut butter.  Who needs sugar when  you have these glorious things together?   

No comments: