Friday 2 March 2018

That rapidly decreasing yoke

That rapidly decreasing yoke and I are not on friendly terms right now.  Not at all.  I am seriously miffed at it.  

I got to the round with two decreases and everything seemed to be going great.  I had a vision of finishing by the end of the movie I was watching.  As I started the next round, everything fell apart.

Apparently my decreases are wrong.  I have stitches that look like this, 


when they ought to look like this.  See?  I know.  It is subtle.  Two stitches of black where there ought to be one.  Any other time you could do a quick row below correction and go on.



But not in colourwork.  In colourwork, particularly this, where the decrease needed to take two black stitches down to one, and where I put my decrease instead, mean that there simply isn't enough of the main yarn te ease in to make nice stitches.  What I have here, results in the blorfy bit extra in the stitch of the row above.  It only appears because the row below is so tight.  Taking back the row to make it right is going to be the better option, certainly the only nice looking option.

What it means is that this very large project is accompanying me on my travels.  I cannot leave it behind to stew in its own juices because if I do, it stands a very good chance of being consigned to the pit of despair, aka that corner of the WIPS where things sit till I 'feel' like correcting them.  And I really want to see this sweater through in one fell swoop. 

Stopping mid stream with problems is too often what happens to good sweaters around here.

Like my Granito, which is sitting, forlorn


since August of last year when I had to start knitting on very large shawls for gifts.

Like a sweater for Amy that has been sitting because it is in the wrong yarn.  I am fixing that next week.



The right yarn appeared and is waiting for me at the store.  This one has to happen next because.  Just because.

I have a strong sense that if I get this one lone round tinked and corrected, everything else will go smoothly.  Right?

Right.

No comments: