Thursday 1 March 2018

But there is always more to see

And do!  After yesterday's sorry tale, I bring you a much cheerier story this morning.

 
I have finished motif number 3 and am on the last of the 3 motifs in this lovely design.  What brings on this sudden speedy bout of knitting, you ask.  A rapidly decreasing yoke is the answer.  

There is more to it than that though.  On this last motif and through to the end, there are only two colours in my plan and not needing to manage that third colour changes everything. Plus the design is very simple here, having come down to alternating two colours by two stitches or four depending on the row.  Simple pattern, faster knitting.

I am very much looking forward to the end of the yoke though.  Much as I  enjoy this process, I am looking forward to the plain knitting on the body.  The Brier starts this weekend and curling and plain knitting make for ...plain knitting and curling.  And just after the Brier ends, there is world Women's curling followed by World Men's, and World Mixed Doubles curling way far in late April.  Which is after the Formula one season begins in late March.

It's a good thing I have sweaters to knit.  Always more to see. Always more knitting to do. 

No comments: