Tuesday 6 March 2018

Looks Like a Sweater

And there we are.


It almost looks like a sweater.

Over the weekend, while visiting, my only knitting goal was to correct the row that needed correcting.  I had a strong feeling that if I didn't this sweater was going to sit and perc in a corner for a while.  

When I got home, I knit a couple of rounds and then thought it would be a good idea to measure the depth of the yoke.  I am short from underarm through to general neckline.  It is a darn good thing that I did measure before I knit all the way to the end of the yoke patterning.  It was perfect as it was.  The trouble with that perfection was that there was still far too many stitches on the needles.  In the course of two rows, I had 4 decreases to deal with and I had to make them look good.  I chose to do a centered double decrease in the centre of the main colour part of the last motif.  I think it worked like a charm.  

Anyway, I picked up all the body stitches and am knitting my way down.  I'm just doing a few short rows on the back to give it a nicer more natural fit on the backside (short rows push the back neckline higher), but I am pretty much on the way.

It's a lot of knitting yet till this sweater is complete, but all the hard parts are done.  Only side seam shaping remains and that is easy enough to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you how much I liked the sweater you wore on Saturday evening. It looked very nice. GD