Wednesday 7 March 2018

On a First Point.

Yesterday was an odd day.  I had things I had to do, and then I got to sit around and wait for the next thing.  While sitting around waiting, I managed to get in a bit of work on this.


This is of course section one of the First Point of Libra Shawl.  I am getting very close to the end of section one and I can't wait to start section two.  I may have missed the mystery knit along, but I still get to enjoy the show, so to speak.  I love this fun and funky construction.  Why do it the same all the time?!

Aren't the variations in this yarn beautiful?  They look pretty evenly coloured in the skein, but I adore the subtle variations.  In a perfect world, all yarns would have this slight colour variation, but The nice people at Sweet Georgia would be exhausted by that.  But that would mean that everything was the same and it would not then be a perfect world.  So I will work with what I have and enjoy it to the fullest. 

Just a few more minutes of knitting and I will be at the point of this piece, and then on to the much larger centre triangle section.  That triangle section will be knit from another hand dye, Hat Trick Semi solids from River City Yarns, a compliment to their Hat Trick and Touchdown lines of special sports hand dye lines.  You can see the soft variations in the colour.


It is grey but not all dark. I can't wait to see how this knits up!

I love the way it is all working out.  Beautiful yarns and beautiful project making something to keep me warm.  That's a really nice thing isn't it?

No comments: