Saturday 3 February 2018

Sure as the sunrise, Marcus and Cassie did indeed make my grumps go away.  It helps that they had a new story book about a panda bear that was grumpy and they showed me their Grumpy Cat Calendar.

I didn't go to a new very near to me fibre festival last fall.  With my new digs, I was looking at 4 hours driving .  Add the time at the event and I was looking at a whole day for it, and I just did not feel like giving it a whole day.

I did instead, give myself a treat of fibre instead.  That was back in November and what with the vagaries of international shipping and the Christmas rush, it finally was delivered this week.  

I had to remind myself to breathe.

It is just so lovely, possibly the loveliest thing I have ever seen.





Right?  Breathe.  Breathe.

These truly lovely things remind me of a task I have been meaning to get to.  Because I was a good girl (Yes I do sometimes require the same kind of pat on the head that you would give a puppy) and went to get my groceries and do my drug store run, I have only one task to do today, and that is to clean the kitchen floor and wipe the lower cabinets (There was an incident and I wasn't responsible 😇) . I wouldn't feel bound to do this but then he does shovel snow.  A trade of things we can do if you will.

Once that is done, I think I might go and dig through my fibre stash to photograph and then to load it onto Ravelry.  I have a fair bit,  and one of the things I have learned now that I am spinning more regularly again, is how nice it is to have a record of a fibre project from start to finish.  My green yarn project 



which is the most enjoyable, fun product I have so far, has no starting point.  I never took a picture of the fibre, not that I can find anyway, and I really do regret that. 

I have always known that about me, right back from my embroidery and crochet days, long before Ravelry and the internet, nay even before Jess and Casey (the founders of Ravelry) were twinkles in their parents eyes.  I always wished I had something of all the things I have made over time. Baby things, curtains, clothing for kids, for me, samplers, toys, blankets.  So many things lost other than my vague recollections.  That is one of the biggest reasons I love Ravelry:  that I can  record and track what I was doing and when, such a nice way to record a handmade life and to share that life among my people.

Now that fibre is actually turning into yarn, it would be lovely to be able to see if from fibre prep all the way to lovey usable thing.  And so, because it is eminently doable, I shall.

And because once I get something in my head to do, I am, much to my chagrin, unstoppable, even when I ought to stop, done!  Come see.  

1 comment:

Christine said...

All of that fibre is gorgeous! My eyes are popping out of my head.