Monday 5 February 2018

Spinning Wheels

For someone who spins weekly rather than daily, I have a lot of spinning wheels.  I was sure I would spin more once I was settled, but not so far.  I might have through fall, but my Julia needed tweaking.  



You really can't spin on a wobbly wheel.  This is the second time it has happened on this wheel.  Both times were, I think, related to a move.  The first time, it took a while to sort out what the trouble was, and I was just getting back into spinning when I moved again.  

I was using this wheel to ply last summer, but the wobble became more apparent and I set the whole thing aside, wheel and all.  Till yesterday.

Yesterday, I tweaked. Really all I do is put a bit of pressure on the wheel where it seems to need it and then test it to check for a nice straight spin.  That is the advice I got straight from Dave at Louet.

There were a couple videos that go between these two, where the wheel became even more off balance, but I persevered.  It took a while to get it just right.


There might be the slightest bit of wobble.  I can't quite decide, but it is spinning nicely again and that is really what counts.  I am going to baby this wheel a bit and watch it like a hawk to see if I can track what is making her go off track like this. I think it was moving but I would like to be sure it isn't something I am doing that puts stress where it ought not to be.  

I would like to do a bit of spinning every day.  For right now, I will deal with today.  A little bit of spinning just for today. 

I also finally transferred some of my old standby movies, to my movie drive from dvd.  And they work!  Which is lovely.  Son 1, Anthony did that for me a few times, but now that he is a half hour away, it was time to get the right kind of software on my computer and do it myself. This means no more wandering around in the dark of night to find the pile of movies. I just have to click on the file.  And with the upgrade to my sound , a spanking new little portable speaker, I won't be disturbing any one when I wake at 3 and can't get back to sleep.

So adulting twice this weekend.  Yay me.  

No comments: