Monday 11 December 2017

Not a cold

Flu!  

I did sit with my kiddies till waaaaay late on Friday.  I was pretty wiped by it but I thought it was just that it was a day with 3 year olds and a five year old.  I got home and went straight to sleep even though I had 3 cups of coffee in the evening.  Saturday my throat was bad and by Saturday afternoon, I was having the chills.  

I layered on the wool including my hat and just could not get warm.  I grabbed my wool comforter, and crawled under that, and couldn't get warm.  My skin was telling another story. I debated what to do and though maybe I could get rid of the cold cold feeling with a hot shower.  I showered till the water was no longer hot.  

I've been running hot and chilly ever since.  Layer up, layer down.  All day and night.  It's not a heavy fever though, and I am thankful for that.  

I did a tiny little bit of work on towels, but nothing to write home about.  It was too hard to focus to accomplish much.  

By the end of the day, I will have a pair of socks done, because even with a fever, I can at least knit socks. It keeps me sane.

  

No comments: