Tuesday 12 December 2017

Socks

This morning, after 3 full days being pretty incapacitated by cold/flu, I feel almost human.  I might even do laundry.  Only because I have to.  I am tired, very tired.  I am still coughing, but no more too hot, too warm cylces and I feel much better.  I got up and felt like a cup of coffee for the first time in days.

It tasted wonderful.

In the depth of whatever the heck yesterday was (I wasn't really there for most of it), I did do some knitting.

A finished, but for the heels, pair of socks.


This pair is out of Jawoll Cotton Jacquard and I have used up all but a walnut sized bit for heels.  They are rather long socks for me but I think they will make a nice folded over cuff.  They would also make a good gift for a male because of that long length.

This is probably going to be the final sock completed this year.  There are a couple of others on the go, but I doubt that there will be time to work on them.  If I do, I doubt they will get to completion.

The loss of last weekend is a real loss for the progression of Christmas gifting here.  We have only this weekend and we have a whole bunch of stuff to do. I can do the sewing easy enough and the towel sets are pretty much ready, but I doubt that I will have time for the aprons I wanted for the big guys and girls.  We have everything organized for the little boys Duplo tables, but it is the batcave and dollhouse that is the problem.  I don't think my co-giftor realizes how much work there is to do before it can be played with.   He will soon enough but it looks like it might be down to the wire on Christmas Eve.

Still what will be will be.  If some stuff is late, so be it.  I am just plain old too tired to worry about it.  Right now, I am going to fill the dishwasher and then I am going to take a nap.  Because morning has pretty much done me in.


No comments: