Monday 20 November 2017

When you finish a hat

You start the next one.


Boy that does not show up very well and I have no time to sort it out.  I did this yesterday and I was a bit concerned that I had knit too much.  My hand was pretty tired and as evening wore on, sore, but this morning, all is well. I won't be doing that much in one sitting again.  Not for a while.

This hat is being knit top down, which is the most sensible way to knit a hat.  You can try it on and know when you have the right number of increases and you know easily if it is long enough.  It's also way easier to know where you need to put the earflaps.  Because this hat is going to be a lot like the hat I knit for my neighbour before the weather went south.


Earflaps are a must and it's going to be lined. 

The yarn is the same Three Irish Girls Felicity that the previously finished ribbed watch cap was knit out of,  and the colourwork on the outside will be in a light gray Mule Spinner from Custom Woollen Mills.  I debated about the inside. 

I love The Mule Spinner and can wear it next to my skin, but a lot of people can't.  Inside, I needed to find a different yarn in place of it. So to go back to my neighbours hat might be just the thing.  I have enough of the Gradient from Schoppel Woolle to do the entire inside.  I've used most of the green sections, but there is a nice turquoise and plenty of the red and creamy white sections left.    I would like the hat to look cohesive inside and out so I am really hoping there is enough gray left to do a few random stripes to keep a connection with the outer hat. It's going to be tight.  Keep your fingers crossed.
 


 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how will you line the hat?
laura