Friday 17 November 2017

Digging for yarn

And done!




 I'm very pleased with this.  It's a pattern I will use again.


I have another hat that I would like to do.  I want this one to be a little more substantial than the other.  The other will probably be for my dad.  He doesn't shovel snow anymore.  My brother has a large driveway and does snow shoveling duties as needs must. This should be a hat for when needs must.

I would like it to turn out like the lovely hat I did for my neighbour, but I don't have any yarn left for it.  I've been thinking through stuff that I could use all day yesterday as I cut and knit and used up all the little corners of my day.  Zip nada.

Because I want to make it like my neighbours hat, I need two yarns.  The outer is pretty easy.  I have some of the Felicity from this last hat left, but there is also a full skein of  Briggs and Little Regal in a soft heathered blue that would work and be wonderfully warm, and there is a red Drops Big Fabel, now sadly discontinued, that would make a fun and funky hat for him.  That it is discontinued is the biggest holdback.  Drops Big Fabel makes seriously fine superwash socks and I would sort of like to save it for that.

I know that if I just take a little more time, there will be other yarn that jumps up and shouts me, me me.

So a quick dig in the yarn this morning.  This afternoon, I am off visiting Carter and Isaac and their mom and dad.  Grandma has to get their wish list!  

No comments: