Tuesday 21 November 2017

A hat is a hat that

is still being knit on.

I was babysitting yesterday and didn't knit when I got home.  I probably should have to get all the knitting completed that I really want done before the holidays but, oh well.  It will come in time.

I love colourwork.  Once you get everything set up and the first few rows done, it flows along in the most wonderful way.  It feels like you barely started a round when the round is complete and you need to learn a new one.



It is a different motif than the one I used last time, from the Norwegian Star Earflap Hat.  This motif fits my stitch count perfectly at 16 stitches per motif, and is from 150 Scandinavian Motifs.



It is a snowflake motif, but is a more rounded flake, rather than a pointy star motif.  Today is spinning day, but I am going to come home straight away after to knit, I think.  I am not sure I am ready for the company of knitters, when following a pattern that needs thinking like this.  And if I do come home and knit the afternoon away, I should be done the colourwork by days end.

I also plan to take some spinning photos today.  I have been meaning to do it for weeks, but I usually forget my camera.  My phone camera has never been the same since the great banana incident of 2016 and I generally don't take my tablet along with me.  Though I might today.  It is usually responsible for the photos these days. Time to talk spinning with pictures!

So, spinning which is always great and lyrical knitting.  You can;t get better than that.

No comments: