Thursday 2 November 2017

Going Nowhere Fast

I am still working on healing and I fear it will be weeks rather than days.  Note to self:  Listen better to your hands and pay attention from the start rather than getting the idea that you can do them all in one fell swoop.  Or in other words, if the yarn has to go back into the bins to save your wrists, for crying out loud, put it back.  Between my computer desk being the wrong height and deciding to knit up the tea cozy bag of yarn, I did me injury and I am paying for it now.

I can feel it still very swollen and irritated even though it is much better than it was but I am slowly going crazy.  The injury is to my right hand and there is almost nothing I can do. I thought about cutting fabric, but the scissors are impossible.  Spinning isn't too bad, though the same fingers are unused as in many other things and so though it doesn't hurt while doing it, it hurts the healing process.  

I tried embroidery

but run into the same thing.  This wee silly bird was done over the course of 5 days a little bit at a time.  

You can see one of the problems I am having.  Or rather you cannot see it very well.  I have had one of my transfer pencils a very long time and I couldn't find it when I wanted to use it a year or so ago when I was playing with embroidering me big square tea towel as a test for these. I bought another and had no problems.  This year, when I went to iron on the design, zip nada.  It was as if it had dried up.  If you look hard you can see his legs.  If you look even harder, you can just almost make out his wing, but you cannot see the detail.  

I tried the even older pencil which I found while moving, and found that just sharpening the pencil caused the lead to break.  It too seems all dried up.  

I purchased a new one on Tuesday and so far as I can tell, just from tracing a bird once, it isn't going to be any better.   I am going to test transfer it on a piece of fabric to see, but the pencil went on to the paper very very lightly.  

This and a few errands are all I am planning on doing today.  Well and making some roasted vegetable soup.  If I can prep the veggies.

It's a slow day.  I will fill it carefully and slowly, I will read here and then to fill the really bad stuff, but holding books is a sort of a problem too.  The whole things is driving me nuts.   



No comments: