Thursday 16 November 2017

Actual Knitting

There has been significant actual knitting here. 

I am so thrilled to report that I can still move my hand and that only the one finger with something different than carpal tunnel issues is more tense than usual. It isn't unexpected, though I had hoped for a bit better.   To be safe, I am not going to do quite so much knitting today as yesterday.

And the knitting is...a hat.

When I started yesterday, the hats folded back brim was only a row of two below the hat proper. 
Up to then, I was working in tiny dribs and drabs picking up and working on ever so slightly over the course of 4 days. To get this ribbed knit to the point where the folded brim and hat was done to an equal level, was great work.


 Yesterdays knitting was like an explosion.  I zipped.  I zoomed.  I cruised along about 10 minutes at a time, stretch, then knit a bit.  I never knit more than 20 minutes at a sitting and then broke to do other stuff for a while and rest my hand.  But I always went back to it. There has been serious progress.  I am well on my way through the decreases.




The pattern is Two by Two by Anne Gagnon.  I choose it because I really love the tidy way the decrease lines slip under the ribs.  A good solid watch cap style toque.  The yarn is Three Irish Girls Felicity Worsted weight, a silk and wool blend that is lovely to knit.  I am not so sure of the colour name.  Whatever it is, it is a wonderfully soft variegation of tones of grey.

It's going to be a pleasing hat project destined to go in the gifting box.  Some soul, who needs it, or not will have a warm head this winter.

This isn't the kind of hat that will withstand winters storms and gales.  It isn't thick.  This is the kind of hat you could wear around a chilly house to feel warm.  This is the kind of a hat you could wear on a nice winter day.  It's the kind of hat a person who is always hot could wear out walking their pup. 

It could also be a tea cozy.  YMMV

No comments: