Wednesday 15 November 2017

Day One

I am going to try using my hand in a more normal way today but with lots of stretches and in a little bit at a time sort of way.  But I am going to aim for a more normal amount of hand use.  If I am sitting there, I want to have something in my hands to do. There is always knitting and still a lot of work to do on my embroidery project and today is going to be the start of my big sew. And there is a big pot of veggie stew to make for dinner.  Because, yes, this hand thing has even impeded my ability to cut things up to cook.

But first, let me show you what I did the other day.  It was like falling in love all over again.  I wound some special yarn and it was breathtaking.  


This is my Kauni EK for my Dancing Reindeer Shawl.   I wanted to do this so I could see where my colour use is at.  I would really like my deer to use the darker green as it did in the original shawl.  I also wanted to wind off so that I could pick the right colour when it is time to start the second ball, should I break into the second ball or, indeed, even a third.  And to make sure that the colour sequences would follow in an orderly manner.  That might not matter, but then again, it can throw a huge curve into the looks of a finished project.  I have been fascinated by this shawl for so long that I have a pretty specific goal in mind.  

In anycase, this shawl is one step closer.  I have a couple small things I would like to finish first before I begin it.  The WIP bins are no longer containing what they ought to contain and I have a couple small things I would like to finish up for possible seasonal giving. I am trying pretty hard to have a very on hand sort of holiday after all.  

But it is nice to dream of the next things. And there are always next things!


No comments: