Tuesday 14 November 2017

Must have.

There are two books that I would dearly love to add to my knitting library that are out this year.  

One of them is Alterknits, a stitch dictionary that brings designs from graphic arts to knitting and the other, the Japanese Knitting Stitch Bible.

I could only add one right now and I had a very very hard time choosing.

 In the end, I went with this one and I am so glad I did.


It has motifs for everything.  Edgings that are flared and some that are not.


Stitch patterns that writers used to call insertions because they could be inserted easily and anywhere,


And so many, many pages of truly stunning stitch motifs, incorporating, cables and lace and texture


Sometimes all at the same time!


There is even a range of motifs meant for yokes and round collars.

This book is stunning and you deserve it for Christmas.  If not before.

This is on my must have list of books for a knitters library.

No comments: