Friday 20 October 2017

Sunday or bust.

After a good night sleep...well that will be another night.  It wasn't last night.  I sleep on my back and there is some pressure on my stitches.  It's a little puffy and tender this morning, but not enough to need anything for pain.  More of an ache really.  The surgeon did a great job.

I knit quite a lot yesterday.  More than I thought possible.  I am now just one repeat from the corner.  


See the corner?  Its the little marker.  You can also see the gap just at the point between the edging stitches and the shawl body stitches, so about 15 stitches left to go.  I did forget one thing on this side and that was to work three stitches doubled through this side of the shawl.  I've had to do that to make the stitch count of body and edging lace work for  the corners.  So, this last repeat is going to get all three.  It's not ideal, but it is what it is.  You can't see it on the first side and it will be fine on this side too.

It's the fairy tale 'It will block out'.  If you say it fast enough and pray it often enough, it will come true.

My goal for today, after playing with Marcus, is to get the corner and a couple repeats down the last side complete.  Then I will be in really good shape to meet my weekend goals.

Sunday or bust. It will be done.

No comments: