Saturday 21 October 2017

Come Saturday Morning

Saturday mornings are tea cozy time.  For absolutely no reason.  It's just a good thing to knit while trying to sort out what to do for the day.  I am doing laundry so I am not sure I won.

But I did finish Tea Cozy number 5.


I played a little with the cables on this one, just for fun.


I'm not sure it was 100% successful.  After it was almost done, I started looking and I think that for this center section, I should have changed the twists of the cable variation.  that way the change would have popped more and they would still have returned to the regular twist on going back to the plain cable after the variation.  Live and learn.  Still, I am pretty darn pleased.



Here is the mass of them but for mine, which is as ever, in service on my tea pot. 

It was a wonderful in between project and I never have to make room for that bag of yarn again, which was the goal.  It was a very nice way to use up something I wasn't devoted to.


It was great but for one small thing. 



I can probably use this for a pair of mittens with some other odd and ends of yarn. It might work reasonably well with some Noro Kureyon scraps or, if I dig, with some chunky creamy leftovers. 

It's Saturday and all is well.  On to lace!

No comments: