Thursday 7 September 2017

Strong Colour or Soft Colour?

It's just after 8.  I already completed 2 loads of laundry and a third is in the machine.  I emptied and loaded the dishwasher and cleaned the kitchen.  I've had my usual 2 cups of coffee.  I also knit for slightly more than 2 hours.  I got an early start today so that I could do the undercoat to prepare to paint in the most recently completed room downstairs.  Only trouble?  The landlord isn't quite finished his part yet.  Oh well.

So, on to the morning knitting.


When I took this earlier this morning, I had just completed the third round of the second lace repeat.   Since then, I have finished the entire second lace repeat and can I just say, I am so pleased, so completely and utterly pleased with my colour choices so far.  I have one more colour choice and lace repeat to go, and then it gets a little interesting.  Next is a fourth complimentary colour interspersed with some main colour. 
  
I intend to play a bit with colour and see what I like because  I'm uncertain if that main colour is going to be a pure white or if I will go with the a rose or one of the other colours I have in my stash.  Knitting will tell.  The plan is to knit a lace repeat and then go back and forth to complete a partial repeat in the colour.  Think of it as an attached swatch.  I want to see what a good sized section of each colour looks like against the rest of the work.  I don't want it to dominate the lovely gradient but rather to compliment it.  I'm a little concerned that the pure white is too stark and that the rose is too soft.  I worry that sections of the rose colour would look at odds with everything else that is going on.  

But it seems I will have plenty of time to play my games today.  And so it goes.



No comments: