Tuesday 11 April 2017

If a heart was in charge of knitting.

What a day!  I am completely enamoured with this sweater.  I.  Just.  Can't.  Stop.




It is quite some time since I had this much fun doing anything.  Except perhaps babysitting my grandkids.  Fun is the nature of little people and mine are pretty special. And seriously funny.  I digress.

It wasn't all a bed of roses.  I keep missing button holes by a couple rows, so I have to drop down and redo and knit back up properly.  So far so good, but this is surely a huge pitfall even when you have stripes to help keep you on track.  I am very pleased with the fit.  I think.  It looks fine with the needles in and without the weight of the whole, draping it properly.  Good bones for where I am though.

And then this.  I was working along, and it just popped.  I have broken the cable at the join before but I haven't popped one out of the base before.


I am pretty sure I can fix it again with a little epoxy, but there is no rush.  I have lots of cables of all sizes.  I suspect it will go in a nice little pouch in my needle case and be noted for repair in an emergency.

If you are ever in a slump, if you ever feel like your knitting mojo has completely left the building and gone walk about, knit some kind of two row stripes with at least one colour changing yarn.  It is life changing.  If you are not into sweaters, knit a two row scarfor a vest, or a hat.  

Knitting stripes makes me feel like this:


I feel as if I could have knit all night.  My hands weren't with me in this.  They were done, but if a heart was in charge of knitting...

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh my goodness that orange stripe amidst the others and there at what looks like the upper bust is just perfection!