Tuesday 11 October 2016

Not Quite a Sweater

It's not quite a sweater yet, but it is coming along.





What with one thing and another, the weekend, where I pretended I was away, did not have nearly as much knitting time as I hoped.  It was suggested that since I was here, I ought to cook a turkey for those who could make it at short notice.  So I did.  It took a healthy day out of my knitting time though, but still, I am pleased with the way it is coming along.

The pattern is  the Linnea Tunic , a nice button sided garment with a very relaxed sort of look.  I want the tunic length to wear with a new pair of pants that I have that simply demands the longer length.

I am not 100% sure this is going to look good on me, or even look reasonably decent (which is kind of what I shoot for in the first place).  It is entirely possible that it will accent my hips, but I hope not. My solution is to knit it as if it was a regular sweater, even as it maintains the general shape of the original.  While I do plan to have buttons at the sides for decoration, I am planning to sew the sides at least to my waist for ease of wearing.

In a lot of ways, my Linnea is going to be an inspired by.  My gauge is very different.  14 stitches on 4 inches rather than the original, and the bottom of necessity, will have increases across the back hip line and will have a modified a-line shape on the sides.

It's early days, and I need to order 2 more skeins of yarn, at least, but here is hoping for a new wearable garment soon!

Updated:  Yarn ordered.  Good to go.

No comments: