Friday 14 October 2016

Arrived

I did leave home yesterday. The weather reports just looked bad, and trying to outrun the storm seemed like a good idea.  I do not like freezing rain.  There are 2 major stops along the way and if I got tired, I would stop.  So I stopped at Lloydminster and checked the weather.  Storm was upgraded to a watch.  I kept driving.  I stopped at North Battleford.  An alert on there too.  I kept driving.

I called my brother to find a place to stay in Saskatoon.  He didn't answer.  When I talked with him this morning, he said he crashed early last night and never checked his phone when he crawled to bed. It was too late to call my sisters or my mom and dad, so I did what I was originally going to do (if I had stopped along the way) and found a nice hotel with a comfy bed and complimentary coffee.

I am going to take myself out for breakfast and then will pop over to my local yarn store, Prairie Lily Knitting to play with yarn. There is another shop here in the city, that I haven't been to and I might stop there too.  Then tea and shopping at the best bookstore on  the prairies, McNally Robionson.

I am on vacation and I intend to indulge.

In the meantime...



Wee mittens for my little boys!

No comments: