Tuesday 13 September 2016

Completion

I think I am ok with all the sock knitting I have been doing lately.  I ought to be working on the sweater, and though I have started it, it is not without it trauma drama.  Maybe tomorrow I will talk about that.

But today was spinning day and sitting at son 2's new house waiting for the furnace repair guy.  How lovely it was to sit in such a bright and sunny kitchen.  Or it was once the furnace was fixed.  And my spinning company, Frazzledknitter, brought some muffins and there was tea and good conversation.

When I got home, there was my granddaughter, who had her first day of preschool, and was so excited to talk about it, so I didn't get a chance to sit down and knit till much later in the evening.  All I had energy for was socks. 

So it was a good thing that I had a pair of socks that were oh so close to completion. 

Such a bright and cheery pair were the perfect answer to a period of sluggish knitting.  It was a great little pattern.  Just enough pep to keep you going on and on.  





It is a simple little knit and purl pattern, that recurs exactly often enough to keep you wanting to knit just a little more, and then just a little more.  Good for what ails you.

I have three sets of sock needles that are now empty.  I feel an incredible urge to cast on a bunch just to scratch the itch.  I won't though.  I can be firm with myself right?  I can be strong against the power if interesting sock patterns, right?  I'm not a slave to socks, am I?

We shall see.

No comments: