Tuesday 23 August 2016

It's been a while

I ordered from Knitpicks a while ago, June actually and finally got the item now.  The long delay had nothing to do with anything Knitpicks did.  It is just one of those things that slipped by me. Midway through shipping, I realized it was going to my Spruce Grove address, so Knitpicks had their brokers pull it back and returned for readdressing. My bad and Knitpciks saved me!

Knitpicks has a new silk yarn and I decided I wanted to try it out.  Silk is hard to find regularly around here. It was a great idea.


 The silk is truly lovely.  It is soft and the colours are so very nice.  It is a much softer gray than my monitor shows.  They call it Peaceful and it really does have that air.  The blue is called Luminence, a light cool delicate blue. 

I also purchased a bag of each of the two colours of Pallette that I already have in bag quantities. This gives me enough yarn to make sweaters, if I so choose.  The one bag I already have wasn't quite enough to do it right.

I don't buy often from sources outside of Canada anymore.  I dream about it but the exchange rate and size of my stash talk me down almost every time.  If I really need something, I check my close to home vendors first but as I said silk is scarce.  These are very pleasing colours and it feels like a delicious yarn.  I am looking forward to working with it.

Sometime.  (See previous mention of large stash.)

No comments: